Senior Minister Search Committee Seeks Recommendations
October 2, 2020: Submission deadline extended to Friday, October 9.
September 20, 2020:
The Senior Minister Committee, pursuant to our By-Laws, is responsible for proposing “a search committee for approval by the congregation, the members of which shall be full members of the Congregation, to identify candidates for Senior Minister.” The committee will consist of eight voting members and two alternate non-voting members.
Therefore, the members of the Senior Minister Committee wish to invite you, members of our congregation, to participate in the selection of the members of the Search Committee for our new Senior Minister.
Each individual under consideration for the Search Committee must:
– Be a full member of the Church
– Support the Church, as demonstrated by worship attendance, participation in church meetings and activities, and financial support
– Be willing and able to make a time commitment of 1 to 2 years, and can make this commitment a priority
– Have a faith based spiritual commitment to the search process
– Be a person with a positive attitude, and willing to approach the task ahead with an open mind rather than a pre-conceived agenda
– Be recognized as a person of integrity, who treats people with respect and dignity
– Be trusted and respected by the Congregation
– Be willing to listen and respect the opinions of others, and has the capacity to work in a group to achieve consensus
– Be committed to maintaining complete confidentiality throughout the search process
This is your opportunity to recommend up to two people – including yourself – for the Search Committee. Please describe, in essay form, the talent, experience, skills and attributes of the nominee/s and how you believe they meet the criteria for serving on the Senior Minister Search Committee. Feel free to use specific examples to support your recommendation for nomination. You might want to speak to your nominee first to ensure he/she/they are interested in pursuing the nomination process.
It is critical to the success of the Search Committee that the members reflect the broad diversity of our Congregation; for example, with respect to race, gender, age, sexual orientation, differently abled, ethnicity, socio-economic status, educational level, and length of membership. Members of the Search Committee should also represent a variety of experience in aspects of Church life.
How to Submit Recommendations
Please submit your form by mail to Marilyn Mitchell, Senior Minister Committee, 490 Riverside Dr, New York, NY 10027, or via email by Friday, October 9, 2020.