The Tower League is a supportive, caring community of older adults. The Tower League fosters fellowship, educational opportunities, social activities, outreach, and spiritual growth for members and friends of The Riverside Church.
From September to June, the Tower League gathers every Thursday for a full afternoon of Bible study, lunch, and special programs. Here are some of the programs we enjoy:
– Film viewings and discussions, poetry writing workshops, art lectures, and dance
– Classical, jazz, and cabaret musical performances
– Trips to museums, gardens, and plays
– Programs on healthy cooking and eating, Medicare, and fall prevention
– Christmas Luncheon, Black History Month Celebration, Valentine’s Party, June Picnic
– Service projects for Riverside’s Food Pantry and Shower Project
– Annual toy drive for the Prison Ministry
– Lenten study, prayer, and meditation
For the 2021-2022 season, we are gathering for monthly in-person luncheons in the South Hall at noon. On the other Thursdays of the month, we are meeting over Zoom from 2:00-3:00 p.m. Please contact Rev. Lynn Casteel Harper, Minister of Older Adults, for more information via email or by calling 212.870.6753.