Climate Justice: Beyond Denial and Despair
Thursdays September 22 – November 10 | 7:00 pm | Zoom
As climate catastrophes happen everywhere, the UN Secretary General says “we are sleepwalking toward the destruction of our planet.” A collaboration of Faith Formation and MSJ’s Beloved Earth Community, Antiracism Task Force, Black Lives Matter, Latinx, and Sojourners ministries, this 8-week series of educational programs will open and confront your mind, heart, and spirit with the reality of climate change and the pervasive presence of environmental racism, and invite you to action.
Issues to be covered in this series on Climate Justice:
1) Why should we care about climate change?
2) How did we get into this mess?
3) Too much water and too little water: How can it be?
4) Food Justice and Big Agriculture
5) The emissions from where we live and how we travel
6) Climate refugees: the storm ahead
7) Sixth Great Extinction & Social Collapse?
8) What Gives Us Hope